What a pretty, visually dazzling and quality website to do if it isn’t optimized for search engines? Understanding what search engines are looking for on your website can bring new success to your online business. Though, a misunderstanding that may put you out of business.
What is SEO and why is it important to optimize it for major search engines?
Well, if you are running WordPress website, then you must know how important it is to optimize your website for search engines. It doesn’t matter how your website is wonderfully crafted, but without proper SEO, it isn’t going to help in full pace. Basically, A SEO-Friendly website has a higher opportunity of appearing on the 1st page of search results and drive stable website traffic to your website.
While SEO always been the buzzword of the internet world. Every Business needs to have higher rankings and it will appear on the 1st page of Google SERPs.
In order to get rankings for WordPress, WordPress is Free Open source where it offers hundreds of useful SEO plug-ins that frequently take care of the common things, there are a variety of other tips and tricks that you can follow to make a difference.
In today’s post, we have gathered a list simple SEO techniques and best practices that you tend to overlook. These techniques, if used properly, can make an important difference as to how your website will be ranked in Google.
Here we will discuss the 10 SEO Tips for WordPress Websites to get your website to the top of the search:
- Set your User-friendly Permalinks: The Website Post/Pages URLs are known as Permalinks. WordPress comes with a default permalink setting to allow you to update them as per your needs. It can be found in settings > permalinks. All the SEO Experts in India always suggest a best practice to change the default setting to post name, i.e.; /%postname%/ since it is very easy to remember by the users and simple to index by the search engine.
Here are few examples:
- yourwebsite.com/?p=3423 (Default option)
- Use SEO Plug-in: You will find various types of SEO Plug-ins in WordPress such as Yoast SEO, All-in-one SEO is most preferable by Google Certified SEO experts nowadays. This plug-in helps you to take care of your website and encourage you to create/optimize Meta title and description, keywords and more. You can also able to create XML Sitemap for your website which helps to tell Google about your website structure. It also used to improve your website’s on-page SEO by showing a Google Search Result Snippet preview that how your title/description and url looks like in SERP Results.
- Use Google Analytics: Google Analytics is a popular analytic tool developed by Google itself. It is absolutely free to use and helps you to track your website traffic. This also lets you know about traffic source, behavior and various significant attributes that will help you better reach your target audience.
- Still, Content is King and Make sure you optimize your content for Rankbrain in 2017: Rankbrain is Google’s machine-learning AI system, which has been discovered by Google to one of the top 3 ranking signals in its vast range of contributing factors. You need to know how to optimize content for rankbrain. The Answer is Creating content that best answers unique queries that are particularly relevant to your audience. It should be high quality, user-intent content. Also, it should be more understandable and readable by the user. Make sure, you should use your important keywords very wisely. It should be written for visitors, not for search engines.
- Use H1 to H6 In the Content: You should Highlight Important keywords in the article as Heading Tags From h1 to h6.
- Make sure to use Interlinking and Anchor Text very carefully and correctly: You probably recognize that adding links to posts are most crucial
- Mobile Usability: Google has now announced the mobile first index algorithm which means Google is only indexing the mobile-optimized website. So, Now, Having your website mobile friendly is more important. You can use Google’s mobile-friendly tool to see if your WordPress website passes the test.
- Improve your Website’s Page speed: In 2017, your website page speed is still important to rank your website on Google. As Google is considering as one of the ranking factors. So, you still need to prioritize the page Speed of website. Firstly, check your website using Google’s Page speed tool or GTMetrix.com, Prepare the priority issues you will need to fix to increase your website speed.
- Make your Content shareable on Social Media: nowadays, almost every web user is active on various social media networks such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and so much more. Be sure to make your content shareable that lets your reader to share it across different social networks while driving giant traffic to your site.
- Optimizing your media and Images: Nowadays, Media is a vital part of any website. Though, they can also completely improve your SEO Efforts. Uploading an image to your WordPress website with a difficult name isn’t good SEO practice. You will be able to give title, description, and caption in the image. It helps significantly enhance your search engine rankings.
So, here are the most important SEO Tips for WordPress websites which helps you to get ranking on Google Search. If you want to develop and optimize your WordPress website using this tips. Then you can hire WordPress developers to create your online web presence for your business.